JGA in the Community. Diabetes Management Information Walk
This year’s Diabetes Management Information Walk was held on the 8th of July 2017 and was the 13th anniversary since the walk was launched. The main aim of the walk is to create awareness and raise money for children living with diabetes and require insulin.
The school has been participating in the walk every year for the last 6 years. Jonathan Gloag Academy has been ranked number 1 as the school with the highest contribution national wide each year for the last 6 years in a row. This year, the school contributed a total of 3,000,000 Ksh. We are immensely proud of our pupils, teachers, support staff and parents for their great efforts towards this worthy course. We would like to say our big thank you to the Managing Director of Diabetes Management Information -Eva Micheni and her team who donated to the school a computer and a printer in recognition for the support we have offered to DMI.
Our big congratulations go to Melvin Wanjohi of class 7R who has been the highest contributor for the last 5 years in a row. This year, Melvin raised a total 80,000 Ksh.
Annual Prize Giving Day 17th, march 2017
We were privileged to be joined by the school founder Dr. Ann Gloag during our 15th Annual Prize Giving Day in 2017 as the Chief guest.
Dr.Ann Gloag thanked the parents for the faith they have put in us to educate their children to the highest standards whilst also supporting the school's principle ethos which is to educate the less fortunate children in the society to achieve their dreams too.
❝ Every Single child in Kenya deserves the best education so thank you for supporting our work to make this happen to the children's at The Kenya Childrens Homes (KCH) and beyond.❞ --Dr. Ann Gloag. 2017The founder also challenged parents to reconsider sending their class 5,6,7 or 8 children far away from home to boarding schools. She explains that children are the most valuable assets to parents therefore it is an enormous mistake to send them far away whilst they can join a school such as JGA where we continue to develop programmes for a whole rounded child. Enrolling your children at JGA, parents will be able to see their children every night therefore have a great measure where they are emotionally.
|1||Mid-Term Exam||12th-14th Feb 2018|
|4||Prize Giving Day||23rd/March/2018|
|5||End Term Exam||3rd-4th/04/2018|
|6||Closing Day||6th /04/2018|
- KCPE 2017
- The rehearsal day is on the Monday 30th Oct 2017 and the exam is Tuesday 31st to Thursday 2nd Nov 2017
- Values of the Term
Junior School Love
Middle/Upper Sch. True Forgiveness
- Class 7 Parents, Teachers and Pupils Meeting
- The meeting is scheduled from 9AM at the school. Materials for KCPE 2018 registration will be issued. All parents/guardians of this class are expected to attend accompanied by their children.
- KG 3 Interviews for class 1 year 2018
- The interviews held on 28th July were well attended and all our pupils qualified to join class 1 next year. Kindly pay the commitment fee of Ksh 10,500 by Friday 3rd Nov 2017
- Orientation of class 1 -2018 Parents
- Parents whose children will be joining std 1 -2018 are requested to attend an orientation on Tuesday 14th Nov at 2.00pm in funguo school. this is a very inportant meeting and we expect all parents to attend.
- KG 3 Graduation, Prayer and Thanksgiving Day
- We shall hold our combined KG 3 graduation and Thanksgiving service on Friday 27th OCt 2017 starting at 9:00am at CITAM Karen. All parents are kindly invited to this event.
- K.G1 2018 Assessment
- Parents who have children turning 3 years in January 2018 are invited to bring them for assessment on Friday 10th Nov starting at 8:00 am to 11:00am. You are kindly requested to register with us.
- We endeaver to promote high standards of discipline in the school and we ask parents to partner with us in this worthy cause. Please note that children are not allowed to carry toys or any electronic device to school or on school trips or on any school weekend activity. Such items will be confiscated until the day the child is clearing from the school.
- Class 5 Trip
- This year's class 5 trip will be to Makomboki Tea factory and Ndakaini Dam. It will be a great opportunity for the pupils to learn how tea is processed.
- Photo Package
- Please make your order and send it back to the school once you receive the order forms. any payments will be stricky be paid through the school bank accounts or through M-pesa. Please contact the school for the payment details.
- New Education Curriculum
- We will continue gathering information regarding the proposed education curriculum and we will soon inform you of any changes that may affect any of the classes in the school.
- School Fees
- This is a short term and we advise parents to observe the dates for installments to avoid inconveniences. The 2nd and last installment date is 25th Sep - 2nd Oct 2017